Over 120 Years of Innovation and Counting
In 1898 the Gilbert and Nash Company was founded through William C. Nash’s invention of the automatic wire guide. Nash conceived the idea of a mechanical means to control the side to side travel of the Fourdrinier wire. Nash first experimented with a hardwood version which was built with the help of a millwright and a carpenter. Initially, to keep it a secret, the wooden guide was operated only at nights at Gilbert Paper Co., Menasha Wisconsin, where Nash Worked. William Gilbert, then-president of Gilbert Paper, supported the project and financed it, leading to the corporate name Gilbert and Nash.
The company was purchased in 1994 by Danny Brooks who expanded and developed multiple product lines to diversify the Gilbert and Nash market footprint. Today, the Gilbert and Nash Company offers products that are proven and reliable, resulting in years of trouble-free operation, all built off the idea of quality instead of quantity.
At our state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facility in Appleton, Wisconsin, we deliver superior products and exceptional quality control to customers around the world, while exceeding industry standards. We offer a wide range of parts and in-house maintenance services, along with the fastest expedited shipment lead-times of any provider for all of our product lines.
We take pride in meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs and requests.
Guiding Precision Began with our Founder, Bill Nash, Inventor of the First Automatic Paper Machine Guide in 1898.
Original 1902 Gilbert and Nash Guide